Hubbards personlige skriverier

Gerry Armstrong la ut Hubbards såkalte “Affirmations” eller “Admissions” på Verdensveven i 2000. The Admissions er en samling private tekster fra Hubbards arkiv:

Not all that long ago, someone sent me a copy of the set of writings which follow, written by L. Ron Hubbard in or about 1947. The original of these writings was in Hubbard’s personal archive which I assembled and worked with in 1980 and 1981. I provided the writings to Omar Garrison, a wog ® writer with whom $cientology had contracted to write Hubbard’s “authorized biography.” In 1984 I read portions of them into the record at my trial in $cientology v. Armstrong, Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. C 420153. The trial resulted in the widely cited decision by Judge Paul G. Breckenridge, Jr. wherein he described Hubbard as a “pathological liar.”

Tony Ortega plukket noen gullkorn nylig. Dette er altså Hubbard om seg selv:

[…]

You will live to be 200 years old, both because you are calm and because of modern discoveries to be made in your lifetime.

[…]

My service record was not too glorious. I must be convinced that I suffer no reaction from any minor disciplinary action, that all such were minor. My service was honorable, my initiative and ability high. I have nothing to fear from friends about my service. I can forget such things as Admiral Braystead. Such people are unworthy of my notice.

[…]

You can sing beautifully. Your voice can imitate any singer. Your tones are round and true. You have no superstitions about singing at any time. Your oratory is magnificent. Your voice tones perfect, your choice of words marvelous, your logic unassailable.

[…]

By hypnosis I must be convinced…That I am not bad to look upon. That my posture is straight and excellent. That Sara likes my looks.

[…]

Trykk her for å lese Armstrongs tekst fra 2000 og her for å lese Tony Ortegas innlegg om teksten.