Kiropraktor i Miami siktet for svindel

Kiropraktoren og scientologen Dennis Nobbe ble nylig siktet for svindel av føderale myndigheter i USA. Justisdepartementet oppsummerer siktelsen slik:

Dennis Nobbe, 63, of Miami, Florida, was charged by criminal complaint, unsealed today upon his arrest, in the Southern District of Florida with wire fraud; health care fraud; conspiracy to commit health care fraud and wire fraud; making false statements to a financial institution; money laundering; and conspiracy to commit money laundering. He is expected to make his initial appearance before U.S. Magistrate Judge John O’Sullivan at 1 p.m. EST today.

Nobbe har tidligere vært i det føderale søkelyset, da han tvang sine ansatte til å bli scientologer. Han startet også sitt eget scientologi-akademi, som de ansatte måtte innrulleres i:

“He had his own academy,” says Frank Oliver, a former Scientologist who worked as a spy for the Office of Special Affairs in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and who, like Nobbe, was involved in the Miami “org.”

…Oliver introduced us to two South Florida women who also have an extensive background with Nobbe and told us about his long history running his own Scientology academy for employees.

“The academy was across the street from his office on Bird Road in Miami,” says one of the women, who asked not to be identified. Employees would go across the street for Scientology courses when they weren’t working in the chiropractic office, she says. “He required all of his chiropractic doctors to go to the org for courses. Some did auditing, some did training to become auditors.”
[…]
We asked them if they had an opinion about why Nobbe — pronounced KNOW-bee — had been unable to work something out with the government short of being sued and facing the possibility of a large judgment.

“It’s because he’s a Scientologist,” says Thompson. “He isn’t going to act the way most employers would. He wouldn’t consult an attorney or other business people. He would go straight to the org. Scientologists don’t think with the same toolkit.”

Her er siktelsen i sin helhet:

Se det, se det! Man ønsker seg jo alltid at slike tiltaler skal kikke på hvorfor scientologer gir seg inn på slik svindel, men vi får trøste oss med at han neppe kommer til å gi mer penger til David Miscavige med det første.

1 Like

En lignende sak:

https://tonyortega.org/2020/06/20/scientologist-chiro-jay-spina-clinic-killed-a-patient-say-feds-asking-for-10-year-sentence/

Oppdatering fra Ortega:

After arrest, Scientologist chiro Dennis Nobbe in even more trouble for contacting witnesses

When he was charged with Medicare and PPP loan fraud in July, Scientology donor and Miami chiropractor Dennis Nobbe put up a $200,000 bond and, as part of an agreement to stay out of jail while awaiting trial, promised not to contact former employees that the government planned to call as witnesses.

Continue reading After arrest, Scientologist chiro Dennis Nobbe in even more trouble for contacting witnesses