Leah Remini med bok 3. november!

De fleste her har nok fått med seg at Leah Remini, her i Norge best kjent fra Kongen av Queens, brøt med scientologibevegelsen for et par år siden. Nå har hun visst skrevet ei bok om bruddet. Ifølge Tony Ortega kommer boka Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology i bokhandelen i god tid før julehandelen.

Her er presseskrivet fra Ballantine Books:

New York, NY –September 24, 2015–Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House, announced today the acquisition and publication of a memoir by actress, talk show host, and reality television star Leah Remini. In the book, Remini shares her deeply moving and eye-opening account of her thirty-year-plus association with the Church of Scientology. Entitled Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology, Remini’s book will be published on November 3, 2015 in the U.S. in hardcover, e-book, and as an audio book read by the author/actress. Executive Editor Pamela Cannon acquired from APA Talent and Literary Agency.

In Troublemaker, Remini, best known as the star of the popular long-running sitcom King of Queens, will detail for the first time her life growing-up in the Church of Scientology and her rise to fame in Hollywood. Indoctrinated into the church as a child while living with her mother and sister in New York, Remini eventually moved to Los Angeles, where her dreams of becoming an actress and advancing Scientology’s causes grew increasingly intertwined. But when she began to raise questions about some of the church’s actions, she found herself a target, which led to her—and her family’s—break from the church. Bold, brash, and bravely confessional, Troublemaker chronicles Leah Remini’s remarkable journey toward emotional and spiritual freedom, both for herself and for her family.

Leah Remini med ny TV-serie om scientologi

Tony Ortega har fått fatt i knowledge report’en som Jessica Feshbach (kona til Scientologikirkens forhenværende talsmann Tommy Davies) skrev om Leah Remini etter Tom Cruise og Katie Holmes’ bryllup i 2006. Rapporten bekrefter Leahs historie, og viser samtidige den ekstremt paranoide og smålige atmosfæren innad i organisasjonen:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/27/the-leah-remini-files-an-exclusive-look-at-the-krs-that-inform-her-memoir/

Ortega siterer også tre knwoledge reports fra 2013, mens Remini var i ferd med å miste tiltroen til organisasjonen.

Kommentar fra John P. (alltid verdt å lese) med en interessant vinkling på skadeomfanget av selve lekkasjene:

… the thing that will really send Miscavige over the edge is the idea that the KR’s concerning Leah Remini and her husband were leaked by others in the cult, not by Leah herself, and that the leak went straight to Tony. The number of people who had access to those documents has to have been relatively small. And given the fact that they’re filed through the celebrity Ethics apparatus, the people involve have to be hand-picked and highly trusted. After all, they’re involved in funneling stuff directly to Miscavige for his voyeuristic pleasure, and that’s a secret that must be kept quiet.

The relatively weak denials to the external press (no lawsuit threats from Bert Fields or Marty Singer, or even from D-Team bottom-of-the-barrel attorney Gary Soter) might suggest that Miscavige thinks he has the damage from this TV appearance in hand. But the revelation of this leak ought to send him absolutely and completely into orbit.

Fin liten oppvarming til bokutgivelsen:

Reminis intervju med ABC har utløst sjeldent begeistrede hyl over på WWP og Underground Bunker. Her er ABCs egen artikkel:

Et lite knippe presseklipp:

Leah Remini blasts Scientology, exclusive ‘20/20’ interview | CNN

Leah Remini Slams Tom Cruise and Scientology: ‘This is Some Crazy Shit’ | The Daily Beast

Tom Cruise looks tense as Leah Remini’s expose on Scientology makes waves… and even his ex-wife Katie Holmes is weighing in | Daily Mail Online

Leah Remini says Tom Cruise’s wedding to Katie Holmes is when she began questioning Scientology | New York Daily News

Leah Remini Reflects on Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and “Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars” Spent on Scientology | Hollywood Reporter

9 Most Shocking Revelations From Leah Remini’s 20/20 Interview | Us Weekly

1. Remini’s mother introduced her to Scientology.
  2. She credited Scientology with helping her break into acting.
  3. She went against Scientology teachings and got an epidural during labor.
  4. She was “written up” for telling Cruise and Holmes to get a room.
  5. She was instructed to invite Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony to Cruise and Holmes’ 2006 wedding.
  6. Cruise sang “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” to Holmes after marrying her.
  7. After Cruise and Holmes’ wedding, Remini set out on a mission to save Scientology.
  8. Holmes (may have) filed a knowledge report against Remini after the wedding.
  9. Still, Remini doesn’t regret her time with the church.

Tony Ortega har lest boka og gir en oversikt, kapittel for kapittel:

http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/02/chapter-by-chapter-the-best-parts-of-leah-reminis-book-troublemaker/

Mike Rinder har tat en titt på Scientologikirkens repons til Remini:

Leah Remini gir seg ikke:

Tom Cruise er bortskjemt, har problemer med impulskontroll og er barnslig.

Hvorfor overrasker det meg ikke?

Nyheten har også nådd Norge, merk et par (“scientologi er ikke verre enn andre”-troll i kommentarfeltet):

De dukker som regel opp. Før giddet jeg faktisk svare dem.

Jenna Miscavige Hill, niesen til David Miscavige, har lest boka og likte den godt:

Boka Troublemaker skal visstnok bli en TV-film. Hvem skal spille Tom Cruise, spør Tony Ortega.

Foto: TonyOrtega.org