Scientologiorganisasjonen og Korona

Samler litt saker om hvordan organisasjonen håndterer det som skjer akkurat nå:

Scientology continues to see the pandemic as a public relations opportunity

Keller190p1-e1586626686393

Scientology’s desperate response to pandemic is to let us see just how creepy it really is

VMDoll2-e1586564527549

With Scientology largely shut down by the pandemic, the few remaining members reminisce

Keller155p10
[Ah, back in the day…]

We’ve been telling you for years that Scientology is in trouble. From a height of about 100,000 active members around the year 1990 (Scientology has never had the “millions” it’s always claimed), that number has steadily decreased until our most recent estimate from a recent high-ranking defector is fewer than 20,000 members around the world.

In the pandemic epicenter, Scientology’s New York Org puts on a fab virtual ‘Sunday Service’

NYService

We want to thank the tipster who sent us a link to this fabulous video put out by Scientology’s New York ‘Ideal Org.’ It’s pretty much everything we needed in this moment.

Scientology million-dollar donor on COVID-19: ‘Healthy people don’t get sick’

Jim_Mathers4-e1586131606966

For years we’ve kept tabs on Jim Mathers, a particularly high-energy Scientology gladhander, OT 8 parishioner, Gold Meritorious donor ($1 million) and all around globetrotting ambassador for Hubbardism.

Scientology, stop being so stupid during the pandemic. We have some advice for you.

Keller189p1

Scientologists are convinced that they can rescue the planet from deadly pandemic

VMHygiene-e1585715751122

We often say that what Scientology offers which appeals to the small percentage of people who become involved in it is this: Certainty.

Scientology’s global virus playacting was supplied by giant California slave labor plant

SciDissem1-e1593400710871

For months now we’ve been getting reports from readers on several different continents that Scientologists have been out in their neighborhoods, clad in PPE and looking like government or medical officials, and are handing out booklets about the coronavirus while wearing masks and gloves and other protection.

Leah Remini er ei ufyselig kvinne som selv må slutte å tjene penger på Scientologi og “offer” rollen hun påtar seg før hun kommenterer andre.

Det er godt mulig Leah Remini er ufyselig, men det er strengt talt ikke noen unskyldning for hva Scientologikirken holder på med.

Som logisk konstruksjon kalles det “whataboutism”, eller “blame the messenger”, ingen av dem regnes som gyldige argumenter.

2 Likes

Ikke alle er like overbevist om at en bør holde skoler stengt i junaiten. Million-donoren Jim Mathers mener en holder seg frisk og immun med vitaminer.

“If you’re worried about the coronavirus here’s the truth: healthy people don’t get sick. For the past 7-8 years, I’ve been taking #nuskin vitamins and not only do I feel and look younger and healthier, I never get sick.” Kilde.

Og på Facebook la han ut et Hubbard-sitat som argument for å gjenåpne skoler. Et lite utdrag:

"A child could be guaranteed an utter failure of his endocrine system, if he were trained thoroughly to avoid all impacts. If he were trained thoroughly to avoid germs, to avoid illness, to avoid conditions which are described as highly detrimental to him, he will then be made to close terminals with those conditions. Why? Because he is cutting communication, cutting communication, cutting communication, cutting communication. You see that? He’s saying, ‘I mustn’t communicate with, I mustn’t communicate with,’ which is to say, ‘I have no control over, I have no control over, I have no control over.’

Now, just as soon as he learns thoroughly that he mustn’t go into contact or communication with impact, with germs, with this, with that, he just gets, as a thetan, smaller and smaller, withdraws more and more, is less and less alert, is less and less in communication with things and finally will be unable to heal any part of his body."

Jepp, å kutte kommunikasjon med virus er jo en skrekkelig dårlig idé … not.

As Los Angeles schools prepare to reopen, Scientology keeps trying to worm its way in

[Tom Cruise at the 2003 grand opening of the new Applied Scholastics headquarters in Missouri]

As if Los Angeles educators didn’t have enough to worry about with school re-opening in a couple of weeks, Scientology has chosen this moment to make another push with its “Applied Scholastics” front operation.

Continue reading As Los Angeles schools prepare to reopen, Scientology keeps trying to worm its way in

Litt usikker på hva dette er. Ser ut som en slags oppsummering av et CoS-hefte? Men det er også merket som en pressemelding.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4779203

“Scientologists rapidly adopted state-of-the-art precautions and distributed millions of booklets teaching how to effectively protect hygiene and use masks, gloves, and disinfectants,” she writes. “Scientology’s Volunteer Ministers organized massive humanitarian activities…[to move] decisively towards a better, ‘restored’ planet.”

Ble litt nysgjerrig på hvem denne Rosita Šorytė er.

https://europeanaffairs.eu/2020/08/10/expert-rosita-soryte-launches-new-book-on-scientology-and-the-2020-pandemic/

Virker merkelig ukritisk.

Even Alaska — yes, Alaska — gave Scientology COVID-relief funds, for Xenu’s sake

There was a lot of outrage — particularly from Leah Remini and Mike Rinder — when news emerged that Scientology had cashed in on the general looting of Coronavirus-relief funds for small businesses that the Trump administration had set aside.

Continue reading Even Alaska — yes, Alaska — gave Scientology COVID-relief funds, for Xenu’s sake

Og et presseskriv fra scientologiorganisasjonen selv:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/4781304

With Kansas in the Red Zone, Scientology Volunteer Ministers Urge Prevention

The White House Coronavirus Task Force has just designated Kansas as a COVID-19 “Red Zone.” Two weeks ago, it placed central Illinois counties on alert. Volunteer Ministers of the Church of Scientology Kansas City are working to bring the pandemic under control by educating the community on prevention.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - August 20, 2020 - (Newswire.com)

Volunteer Ministers from the Church of Scientology of Kansas City are tackling COVID-19 with education.

“We are all in this together,” says the lead KC Volunteer Minister. “By applying proven principles of prevention, we can get through the pandemic and move on.”

In May, the volunteers distributed thousands of educational booklets to local businesses, churches, and nonprofits so they could in turn provide them to those they serve. And they’ve visited hundreds of households to make sure people have what they need and know how to keep themselves and their families and friends well.